About this Site
The HIV Testing Ontario website was created by the Ontario HIV Treatment Network, working in conjunction with the AIDS and Hepatitis C Programs of the Ministry of Health and with frontline care providers from across Ontario. It is intended to support HIV testing in a variety of settings and to help ensure that HIV testing in Ontario is always ARCCH. We would also like to acknowledge the contributions of the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health-Public Health, and Public Health Ontario.
We would like to thank the volunteer advisors who helped in preparing and reviewing content for this site:
Training Modules for Point of Care Test Counsellors
These training materials were reviewed by the following individuals from Ontario’s point of care testing sites:
- Linda Blake-Evans, Supervisor Clinics, City of Hamilton
- Tyler Boyce, Anonymous HIV Testing Outreach Coordinator, Ottawa
- Jane Greer, Director, Hassle Free Clinic, Toronto
- Richard MacDonagh, Program Coordinator, Options Clinic, London
- Leo Mitterni, Director, Hassle Free Clinic, Toronto
- Damian Power, Supervisor, Healthy Sexuality Program, Peel Public Health
Heather Jamieson and Zavare Tengra, HIV testing staff at Hassle Free Clinic, provided invaluable advice on the development of many of the training materials.
The content and tools provided on these pages are intend to support the implementation of best practices in HIV testing in Ontario. They may be used and shared freely for this purpose.
Web page translation by Kadidja Mone.